One of my favorite cosmetic items is nail polish. There are so many different colors and finishes, there’s always one to fit your mood.
But how do you keep them organized? With so many options, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. I personally don’t want to spend hours searching through my collection for the right color, and I bet you agree. So here I present different methods for organizing your polishes:
- Place them on a spice rack, preferably one hung at eye level. This is how most salons display their colors, so if you want to look like a pro, this is the option to choose.
- Arrange them in an open plastic basket. This is my method of choice because it’s portable, can be tucked into a cabinet, and looks pretty.
- Store them in a shoebox. This is definitely a less expensive option, and you can decorate the box however you wish.
- Display them on a cake stand or tray. If your collection isn’t too massive you could arrange them on a stand or tray that you place on your counter or vanity.
- Stash them in a train case. This is a great option if you want to have something portable that can also store all your tools, remover, and creams as well.
Regardless of which method you choose, we recommend grouping polishes by color so that it’s easy to find what you’re looking for. And as always, discard anything gloopy or otherwise expired.