A purse is more than just a fashion accessory. It is an essential arsenal of supplies to get every woman through her day. Fill it with the right equipment, and you’ll be able to handle every situation life throws your way.
Today I’ve dumped out the contents of my purse to show you what all I keep on hand:
- Wallet with a pocket for coins – you don’t want to have to go diving into the depths of your bag every time you need to pay for parking.
- Cash – as much as we all love using plastic, you should always have $20 in your purse, preferably in 1’s and 5’s, and some quarters because some places haven’t realized we’re in the 21st century yet. This is especially important on road trips and in small towns.
- Moisturizing Lipstick – because chapped, ghostly pale lips make you look ill. Not cute.
- Lipgloss – for those moments when you see your crush across the street and you want to up your beauty game.
- Compact Mirror – so that you can apply said lip products without looking like a two year old attempting to bite an ice cream cone.
- Hand Cream – this one is especially necessary in winter. A smart modern woman has soft, ladylike hands, not chapped knuckles.
- Paper Napkins – these help with spills, messes in general, and function as great oil blotting papers for those of us who start to look a bit greasy by midday.
- Snacks – a cranky woman is enjoyed by no one. Keep the headaches and moodiness away by always having a small, preferable protein-packed, snack in your bag. Just make sure it’s not something that will melt.
- Bandaids – because you never know when you’ll get a blister or papercut. I prefer Disney Princess bandaids myself.
- Safety Pins – for any rips, split seams, or even to prevent static.
- Hand Sanitizer – keep the germs away, and sanitize and of the cuts you need the bandaids for.
- Hair Ties – because sometimes you ‘do turns into a don’t.
- Bobby Pins – great for your hair, and also function as paperclips in a pinch.
- Advil – it’s just a good idea, you never know when you’ll need it.
- Mints – because that onion breath from your lunch is offputting.
- Pen & Pencil – so you can sign things, write things, and keep track of your life.
- Planner – so you know where to be.
- Notebook – so you’re ready when inspiration strikes, or when a cute man asks for your number.
- Feminine Products – just in case.
- Empty Ziplock – they’re handy, trust me.
- Umbrella – because sudden rain can dampen spirits.
- Water Bottle – dehydration sucks. I once had to leave a date early because I almost passed out, it was a first date too. Don’t be like me.
- Spare Phone Charger – don’t EVER let your battery die.
- Perfume Rollerball – because your scent is a memory, and it should last.
- Travel Size Deodorant – because your scent should be a good one.
- Headphones – music is essential.
Is there anything else you like to keep in your bag? Leave a comment and let us know!