Traveling is one of the most important things you can do with your life. I will never understand people who are content to stay in the same place their entire lives. For me the world is out there waiting for me to embark on my next adventure. I am confident that I will never stop traveling. I regularly feel the urge to pack my bags and see something new. It doesn’t matter if it’s an hour away or an ocean away, I need to wander. For those of you who share my sentiments I recently stumbled across a travel bucket list that I found so unique, I wanted to share it.
So without further ado, here are 29 Travel Experiences to Place on Your Bucket list:
1. Live and work in another country at least once, and for at least a year. And live in a house full of travelers.
2. Go to Africa and travel independently. It’s rough travel but worth it.
3. Spend a year in Asia – it will chill you out and make you realize what is important in life.
4. Spend time in a war-torn country so you learn that war brings only death and destruction; there is never a good cause for it.
5. White water raft the Nile River.
6. Take a walking safari and get up close with African wildlife.
7. Hike up a mountain on at least each continent.
8. Eat off the street carts or in the local restaurants.
9. Get around on local transport – some of your best stories will come from doing this.
10. Spend countless evenings swinging in a hammock, at sun down, with a beer, on the beaches of Thailand.
11. Get charged by a silverback in the Bwindi National Forest, Uganda.
12. Party till sunrise (multiple times) with all the cool people you’ll meet.
13. Do a summer in Europe, attend all the mad festivals and party hard.
14. Island hop in the Greek Islands and get lost on Ios for at least a week.
15. See the sunset in Zanzibar, San Diego, Koh Lanta, Cape Town, Kruger National Park, and Portugal.
16. See the sunrise over Mt Bromo, Indonesia and the sand dunes of Soussesvlei Namibia.
17. Surf at Nias Island, Sumatra
18. Jungle trek to see orangutans at Bukit Lawang, Sumatra.
19. Horse ride through Bryce Canyon, Utah
20. Spend the night with traditional minority families. I recommend the Masai warriors in Kenya or Hill tribe people in Sapa
21. Rock climb at Railey’s Bay, Krabi, Thailand
22. Spend time, lots of it, getting to know people from all walks of life. Learn how they live and what is important to them. Make friends inevery country you go. Visit as many as you can in their hometown.
23. Drink rice wine.
25. Learn to speak another language, and learn the basics of each new place you go: Hello. How are you? thank you. How much is a beer?
26. River tube at Vang Vieng, Laos
27. Go on your own cultural mecca. What place in the world has deep significance for your country and culture? For us it was ANZAC Day in Gallipoli. This was the deepest home connection experience we could ever have to help us understand the roots of our nation’s identity.
28. Spend every day in total gratitude, awe and joy.
29. Sleep under the stars, and appreciate just how small you really are.
Now I’ll be honest, not all of these are at the top of my list. They did get me thinking about my own bucket list, which I will be sharing with you next week.
What are some travel experiences that you recommend or that would be on your bucket list? Leave a comment with your answer!